Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Manning's adventure!

After a long wait at the ortho's office yesterday for what we thought would be an uneventful visit, we ended up with an outpatient procedure this morning. We thought Manning's break was simple and he could just pick out a color for his new cast on Tues. Not so much! Dr. Scott said he needed to put Manning to sleep and "reduce the angulation" in the radius and ulna. So that's what we did bright and early this morning. 
It all went very well. The funniest time was after he drank a little "juice" prior to them taking him back. He was getting upset about Jack and me leaving him with the nurses, so they decided to give him something to relax. It is amazing how quickly that stuff works! Within minutes Manning was seeing me with four eyes and kept asking Jack where his eyebrows were. By the time they took him back, he was not the least bit concerned about where we were. 
The Surgery Center was very efficient and well run. Our trusty anesthesiologist and wonderful ortho did a great job. Manning woke up a little frustrated and agitated, which is very normal. We are home now and he has already taken a little nap. My challenge now, to keep him remotely still for the rest of the day! Any suggestions?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome to the blog world! It is fun! Did you know that Andrew and Reid have blog's too. Well really it is us wives that keep them up but you can see what is going on in all of our world's. Ours is www.mattandkatiewoodruff.blogspot.com, Andrew's is www.thespottsblog.blogspot.com, and Reid's is www.reidspottswood.com/blog.

I can't believe have grown up Sutton looks. I will always remember her as my adorable flower girl.

Amanda Parker said...

I'm so glad you all got through this tough day so well. Manning is definitely a trooper. I think any of my 3 would have been screaming & yelling! Good luck keeping him down for a while!

Greer said...

OH my gosh! This is so awesome!! I love your blog - is that what it's called. I feel like I can keep up w/what's going on in your life now. It's incredible! Seeing your sweet faces makes me miss you all even more! How in the world did you become so computer savvy?!?!? :) Tell Jack hello. I could get much more addicted to this than facebook (which I haven't quite figured out yet.) Miss you!
Greer