


Today was the Grand Opening of the Chicken Salad Chick. Of course, it has actually been open for a while, but this event was put on in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce - a ribbon cutting, the mayor of Auburn. Very exciting stuff! All the "chicks" were there along with Stacy and Kevin's friends and families.
Congratulations to Stacy and Kevin on turning a dream into a working reality. I know it hasn't been easy, but to see the success of what started out in Stacy's kitchen is truly inspirational. Stacy turned a bad situation into a better one. Like turning lemons into lemonade, or more appropriately, chickens into chicken salad.
Over the past 14 months Stacy and Kevin have worked tirelessly to provide a product that is top quality. I have to say that initially I had my doubts. How could she do it with three children, out of her home, making deliveries all day and night? I don't know exactly how she did it, but she did. And I am so proud to be a little bitty part of it!
Congratulations Stacy!




9 comments:
So glad you wrote about Stacy on such an important day for her. We are all so proud of her, and even happier that we have really good food to eat on a regular basis! I always knew Stacy would make it work... she is driven, a perfectionist (in the best kind of way), and has such a positive outlook on everything. How could she not be successful??? Wish I could have been there to help celebrate... Jacob was out of school AGAIN with the latest virus.
That was nice! I enjoyed eating with yall at "The Chick". Hope I wasn't terrible company.
CONGRATS to Stacy and Kevin for making a dream come true! Way to go, girl!
Thanks to you, Barclay, for taking Kimbell last night to the movie. That was soo sweet!(:
He was an angel. I hope the movie wasn't too weird. The kids seemed to like it but Jack and I were both kind of puzzled. I think these animated movies sometimes try to pack too much of a message and are not made just to entertain children.
Anyway, we had fun and he was great!
I am also so proud of Stacy! What an accomplishment.
All right, I'm tagging you. I was trying to encourage the new/non bloggers like Tamara and Jodi, but to ask Searcy was too much. She is so new, and too focused on new baby to think of 6 things. So now, I TAG YOU.
You know you have lots of interesting stories to tell, even if its your first car and your favorite color. Come on, I need to read everyone's tags while my dad is recovering, I don't think I'll be doing much blogging myself.
I'm ready for you to leave a new post!
Still waiting!
And waiting!
Post a Comment