"The Editor" is looking over my shoulder as I type this! (For all you folks not from Eufaula, the editor would be Jack). When we first married, and even in college, he would critique everything I wrote. Imagine how nervous I was writing a thank you note to his parents (again, for those of you who are not from Eufaula, they are Mr. and Mrs. "Editor").
Anyway, this blog was supposed to be about our day. It was interesting to say the least. We spent three hours at the hospital with the end result being a temporary cast for Manning. We will go for a permanent cast on Tuesday. How did it happen? (Same question my pediatrician asked - the one who already told me that trampolines were made for one person to jump at a time). Oops! The story goes that the boys were on the trampoline and Jackson stepped on Manning's arm - yes, I thought they made it up too, but that is the story and they're sticking to it!
Manning has been a trooper and we are so proud of him. I will post some pics when we get the new cast - he wants to real one to be orange and blue!
Moving on to tonight. I am not much of a movie watcher (because I normally have on my pajamas at 6:30). But since it was a holiday, and our friend Ronnie went to Kroger and got a movie rental for $1, I felt like I should have the courtesy to stay awake and check it out.
I am so glad I did. The movie is "The Bucket List". It is not a non-stop riot or an incredible lovestory, but it has such a beautiful message, one that is almost too deep for me to tackle. Nevertheless, it made me pause, it made me think and it made me cry. I highly recommend it!
I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow and I will say a special prayer for those in the path of Gustav. Be safe!
P.S. If you see any mistakes in this post, check back - "The Editor" will be making corrections.




3 comments:
Hey Barclay
I have never seen that movie, but will definetely rent it sometime. I'm sorry to hear about Manning's arm. It's amazing that we haven't broken anything yet.
Poor Manning. Please let us know if you need anything.(:
That movie is fantastic! Jonathan & I loved it, too. Glad you're enjoying your blog!
Post a Comment